NOTICE OF TENANT SELECTION CRITERIA AND SCREENING PROCESS
Congratulations! We are excited that you are considering one of our properties as your next home. Before performing any applicant screening, we are required to disclose to you:
- We will consider your application in compliance with Section 42-38 of the Cook County Code (the “Ordinance”) and the Commission on Human Rights’ Just Housing Amendment Interpretative Rules (the “Rules”). With regard to your criminal history, we will only consider convictions that occurred within 3 years prior to the date of your application and whether you are on a sex offender registry or subject to a sex offender residency restriction. We will not consider any information related to criminal convictions that are more than three (3)years old or any covered criminal history as defined in Section 42-38(a) of the Ordinance.
- We reserve the right to do a Housing Provider/Management verification check. (the right to check with last landlord on payment history and behavior)
- During the screening process, you will have the opportunity to provide evidence demonstrating any inaccuracies in your conviction history, or evidence of rehabilitation and other mitigating factors as described in Section 740.100 of the Rules.
- You may find more information on the Ordinance and the Rules at the Cook County Commission on Human Rights, 69 W. Washington Street, Suite 3040, Chicago, IL 60602, 312-603-1100,
Please review the guidelines below to apply for the opportunity to lease one of our apartments.
GENERAL TENANT SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Each applicant 18 years of age & older must provide a completed rental application & pay the $50.00 non-refundable application fee before the application will be processed.
- A legible copy of applicant’s driver’s license, or other photo ID, is required and will become part of the completed application. In lieu of a faxed copy of an ID, please take a photo and email it.
- All household members 18 years of age or older will have their income verified. Income verification must meet the income requirements per the unit.
- All information on application is subject to verification. Applications will be denied if falsified.
- Applicants must be able to secure utilities (gas, electric) in their name.
- Applicants must have no delinquencies nor legal disputes with any previous landlord or management company.NON-REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE:
In addition to any application fee, a non-refundable administrative fee in the amount of $500 is required with each lease application; this administrative fee is due upon acceptance of application. The non-refundable administrative fee is not a security deposit. This fee is non-refundable for any reason except the denial of an application. If an applicant is not approved, it will be refunded. The Administrative fee will be retained by MLC Properties and Management as liquidated damages if an applicant fails to sign or attempts to withdraw.
If the property owner agrees to allow animals on the property, applicant will pay a non-refundable pet fee (minimum $250 per pet) for each animal brought onto the property before the animal is brought onto the property. Applicant remains responsible for damage done by ANY animal brought onto the property.
All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment. Credit history requirements may be waived if Applicant has acceptable rental history from MLC Properties and Management within the past 18 months. Application may be denied for unsatisfactory credit history.
LEASE SIGNING / POSSESSION OF PREMISES
Applications are processed in the order received. Backup applications will continue to be accepted until the approved applicant has signed the lease and paid the administrative fee. Once approved, each applicant must sign the lease & be fully responsible for the lease, rent or any fees due.
MLC Properties and Management suggests that the Tenant obtain renter’s liability insurance to cover the damage or injury to the Tenant, his/her/their family, his/her/their guests, Tenant personal property/belongings or any pets living in or visiting the premises. Tenant assumes all responsibility for any damages arising from any cause whatever, unless such damage is the result of negligence of management.
MLC Properties and Management is the property owner or representative of the property owner and does not, in any respect, have any fiduciary or agency responsibility to the applicant. All Federal, State and local laws are followed and each application is processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, military status, familial status or national origin of the applicant. All applications will be considered.
NOTICE: By continuing to application, you acknowledge receipt of these notices and consent to Landlord Credit and Background Check