Fall/Winter 2021-2022 Newsletter
To all MLC Tenants,
I was hoping when I was ready to write this Newsletter that the word Covid wouldn’t have to be mentioned. Unfortunately, this is not the case. So, I am wishing that all of you and your families are doing well and are healthy. I hope you know that we are here to support you in anyway we can, so please reach out if you need our help! We don’t know if we are not informed. As most of you know we use these newsletters as a way to communicate with you and to remind you of what is coming up – which in this case is WINTER!!! Since all of you live in older buildings, we should prepare for the cold weather – so that you and your families can be comfortable and safe. Most of you are familiar with what needs to be done but for those who are new and/or forgot, here you go.
- Please change the batteries on all smoke and CO2 detectors. If one doesn’t work, please contact us.
- ALL A/C units should be taken out of the windows. Cold air comes through those units easily. You may also want to put up plastic around the windows to prevent cold drafts.
- All porches and personal balconies must be cleared of personal property; this means completely empty. You may ask "why our personal balcony?" – Because items can ice over and fall from your balcony and hurt someone; also melting snow and ice can cause water damage. If we have a lot of snow and ice, please do not use the back porches! As much as we try, it is hard to keep the porches clear of all the ice.
- We know it’s cold and its easy to just let your dog out and let them back in. However, this is not fair to your neighbors or the MLC team. Please, pick up after your dog. Also please do not leave your garbage out on the back porches. This, as you know, will bring rodents which we know the city is having enough trouble with already.
- For those buildings that have parking, on snow days please have your car removed by 8am so we can plow.
- The heat is on. Please, please, look at your radiators and if you see any leaks, please contact the office immediately. For those of you who have furnaces, please make sure you change the air filters; this will SAVE you money. They say gas will be up 53% this year.
- All our buildings are “non-smoking” buildings . This does not mean only tobacco. Please be considerate to your neighbors and remember that we do have children living in your building.
- We appreciate the respect that you are giving your neighbor knowing that they may be working from home.
Because of the ongoing situation with packages being stolen throughout the city and suburbs, and the holidays coming up, we recommend to have your packages delivered to your work, a PO Box or a UPS store. This should save you the stress of not receiving you merchandise.
Last year we advised you that we would rather have all of you use your portal for communication, that being work orders, paying your rent, etc. As of the first of the year, we will not take work orders over the phone. We are happy to talk to you but we will advise you to go on the NEW APP, your portal and/or email your repair request. We are trying to have a “DON’T GO BACK” policy on repairs. Having what needs to be done in writing will help us both. We will also actively ask you to rate us so we can use as a source of information with our team.
Lastly, we know it hasn’t been easy and we realize there are a lot of options out there for you. We are here to help you and we appreciate you choosing our buildings to be your home.
Be safe and more important stay healthy everyone!
The MLC Team